Discharge Chute Blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awagner9, Apr 10, 2008.

1. awagner9

awagner9 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW,Ohio

I need a chute blocker for my 61" scag. Anyone got any thoughts. I need one that will bolt on and I do't have drill any holes. Thanks Alex

2. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, but ours you do have to drill two small holes is all. I don't recall any existing holes in the Scag deck that any OCDC would be able to use. But, I may be wrong.

Take care..Norm

3. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Could be wrong but unless you plan on using duct tape or magnets you will probably have to drill some holes.

4. awagner9

from NW,Ohio

How easy is this system to remove? I need to put bagger on and off. Also is there a manual one out there? Thanks

5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

awagner, what deck do you have? Is it a rider or walkbehind? I plan on making one for my turf tigers and walkbehinds soon.

6. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

just got a power chute last week and used it on about 15 lawns and I dont know how I mowed without it a very handy product. Shawn Reardon

7. awagner9

from NW,Ohio

wild cat 61" velocity deck

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got a Scag and need one also.....the one that Scag has available only uses two bolts. These companies just don't want to provide a simple one that slides in/out manually and that is what I am going to have the dealer make for me next winter. Just take the scag blocker and do some engineering on it.

9. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Qwikchute on my Scag.

10. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Mower companies need to design their own chute blockers. One that can be used, and removed, in the field, if you need to use a catcher. Tired of carrying an electric impact wrench to change from one to the other.