Discharge chute problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by smileydrug, Mar 30, 2006.

1. smileydrug

smileydrug LawnSite Member

I have a 17/42 MFT. I'm having problems when making sharp turns to the right that the discharge chute is catching on the ground and folding under the deck. Have the deck height set at 4". Any thoughts?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Seems I have heard this before, let me figure it out, and ask the guys at the factory.
    I will look into this and get back to you.

3. Seeg

Seeg LawnSite Member

Is the deck missing the rubber stopper that the chute rests on? That would make the chute hang further down, thus catching the ground.
  4. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

is your rubber stop still atached to the rear of the chute? if not, this would allow the chute to fall lower and have a better chance of hanging into the grass.
  5. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I have the 44" FT and had the same problem.

I found since the new chute will not work on the 44" I made some adjustments to the current model. I added some rubber to the block where the chute makes contact to the deck. This seems to keep the chute up more. Also I try to mulch as much as possible.

6. smileydrug

smileydrug LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. The rubber bumpers are in place, although they do pop out when the chute binds. I'll wait for your response PJ.
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I found out yesterday, we made a running change on the design of the chutes on the Mini FasTrak's.
    Have your dealer order you a new one (part # has not changed) and install it under warranty for you.
    We changed the angles on the chute, so this would not happen as easy.

8. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

My 36MFT I purchased last year did the same thing and after some thought I broke out my grinder and changed the angle on the ft. side of the chute and have no problems since.
    I also added a screen door type handle to the top side of the chute so I could raise the chute to go though tight areas.
    I never consulted the dealer on chute dragging problem since his main job was auto repair and selling Huslers was side work.