Discharge Chute?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Duncan IN, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

Have any of you made a discharge blocker, kind of like the ones Dixie Choppers have on their mowers? I am wanting to make one for my scag. I mow some apartment complexes and I am wanting something to block of the grass some getting in the shrubs and all over the sidewalks.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

An OCDC will fit many decks as long as they are flat by the discharge opening. They make one for the 50", 60" and 72", one could fit yours.

3. Duncan IN

How much do the OCDC Cost? I will have to look into that! How often do you use yours when you mow a lawn?

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I bought one in 1996 when they first came out and I'm not sure what the price was. My long term memory is getting shorter. ;)
    Now they come standard on the deluxe models, so it was included on my 2001 diesel Chopper. I will try to find out for you or just call a dealer.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I am currently preparing to build one for my Exmark. Mine will look just like the one that York builds, however, my handle will pivot straight forward and down like the Dixie Chopper's rather than out to the side like the York. Also, mine will be one whole unit that will quickly attach and detach from the system, using the bagger attachment slots, even though it will probably just be left on most of the time. If you contacted York, I'm sure they would be able to accomodate you with a setup that would fit you Scag.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I got a price of 300 to put the dixie ocdc
    on my exmark.Whitleys say they do it fairly often.

7. Guest

York Sheet Metal makes a OCDC for Exmarks for $175 Plus shipping.

8. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

I made one from scratch for my Scag Turf Tiger and recently modified from control via a motorcycle clutch lever mounted on the steering lever to a spring activated pushrod/pad arrangement that I can just push with the side of my leg with I want the chute to flop closed.

Work pretty darn good and you don't need to take your hands off the controls to activate OCDC.

When I get a digital camera I'll post some pixs.

9. Duncan IN

Hey you will have to get a digital camera here pretty soon, cause I really want to see that thing.

10. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Wife's bringing it home from work Wed. or Thurs.

Hope to have some pix by the weekend.