discharge shoots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RD592, Aug 13, 2006.

1. RD592

RD592 LawnSite Member

How many of you take off the side discharge shoots on yall mower. I may take mine off so I could get in tighter places with my mower.

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Those threads are'nt going to do him a lick of good. Try doing a search on "shoots" :hammerhead: Now if he was to type Chute, well he might get somewhere!!! :laugh:

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We started removing ours to get the mowers on and off the trailer easier. Because we put our push mowers beside the mowers. With the shoots off you dont have to worry about clogs is thick wet grass.

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine came off the day I bought it.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I keep mine on, but they flip up and stay up so doesn't interfere with gates/trailers. I do actually have one lawn that I use the chute on, the backyard is elevated a few feet above the house, and the entire back of the house is windows...the back is heavily treed so a lot of sticks and acorns and junk that could break an expensive window...

7. covalawn

covalawn LawnSite Member

Side chutes can be helpful with objects that can be thrown, I was cutting a property that was a fairly new house and there turned out to be rocks everywhere. I did not close my side chute and threw a rock into a tailgate ($450 damage), I put the chute back on my walk behind the next day.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

All of ours came off as soon as we got back to the shop.enough said:cool2:

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Like many ours stay on but if we are cutting heavy they are flipped up for better clipping distribution. As soon as I get a bagger it will probably be taken off for good.

Cheers
    Jeff

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

keep it on if ya like wind rows