Discontinuing the Shindaiwa T230?!!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, May 4, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I read somewhere on here that they stopped making the T230 and now they are making the T231 with less power??? i love my T230 and my dealer doesnt have anymore in stock, so this brought me to my conclusion that the T230 is no longer!!??!?!?:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

am i right?

thanks

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

They showed up on shindaiwas website so I assume that they are still making them. at least I hope they do I was about to go buy one to replace my old fs80 it is vibrating terribly. How is business going for you dillon and what type of z are you going to get toro?

3. DillonsLawnCare

business is GREAT!! i recently just picked up 4 new lawns so that puts me at 14 lawns. i sold my walkbehind for $2200 and im going to toro this tuesday to pick up my new mower and a z-stand. the mower im getting is not what i want but it'll do for now. its a 52" 7 Gauge Deck( w/ reinforced bumper) and a 21hp Kawi, with dual air filter, and a suspension seat all for $6200. i wanted the turbo force but it was a $2400 dollar difference!! ill be paying $3000 up front and then financing the rest to pay off before summer is over so i can stash some cash for the winter time. ill be getting my liscence this november so next year ill hit the road!:cool2:

heres the url for the mower.

http://toro.com/professional/lce/zmaster/z400/74449.html

thanks!!!:waving::waving::cool2::weightlifter::usflag::weightlifter::)

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Just get the 242 and call it that. Theres only a $30-$50 difference between the 2. Better yet, spend the extra $100 and grab a 261!

5. DillonsLawnCare

yeah, but those are so much heavier than the T230. The T230 is lightweight, strong, and durable. those t260's are like carrying 3 of the T230s!!!

6. TandM

from south

That is great business is doing pretty good on my end. i have 10 yards right now and I am trying to grow to around to 20-25. you are going to love that mower. A guy that cuts next door to one of my yards has it and it looks just as good as my scags cut. Great choice on the kawi. didn't you buy that proline for around that much? I can't wait for some more money to roll in this year i have already made like 3 grand so far. It looks like a very promising season. Oh yea what are you going to buy for a truck. And do have driver ed in tennesee. It is required to get your liscense down here in georgia. what grade are you in I'm going to the 10th if I don't fail algebra but it looks promising. Any questions feel free to ask.

7. DillonsLawnCare

thats good to hear!! Does the mower stripe well or not?? i bought the Pro-line for $1850 in the fall of '06. my great uncle is giving me his '85 nissan truck this summer. our school offers drivers ed, but its not manditory for getting a license, but it cuts your insurance in half!! im currently in the 9th grade. what kind of scag do you have?

8. TandM

from south

He doesn't stripe with it not very many people do around here other than me I just like the way it looks. I have a 2007 scag tiger cub with the 48 inch velocity deck and the 19 kawi. those old nissans are tough trucks they run forever. don't put to big a tire on them it will cut your mileage in half. My uncle did this on his old toyota pickup he only gets like 18 now. yeah d ed cuts down on insurance around here to. But defensive driving courses and good grades are huge discounts because I am going with state farm. You are so lucky I have to wait until march to get my liscence. Do you do anything other than mowing. I install mulch/pinestraw. pressure wash driveways and odds and ends. I also bus tables at a local restaurant on friday and saturday nights. i am trying to pay for all of my stuff. How do all of the kids at school react to you mowing. All of my friends respect me more because I can walk around with 300 cash like it is pocket change. Feels good ya know.

9. DillonsLawnCare

thats a good mower! i was looking at those also. all i do is strictly mowing, and some weed-eating jobs here and there. if a customer asks me to trim hedges or something like that, ill do it. but i just mow-blow-trim! most of the kids at my school don't know that i mow lawns or anything like that. my friends are all jealous of my money though. and im always working. i like having money. its a good feeling.:drinkup::cool2::weightlifter::usflag:

10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

230's are not being made any longer,231's are out to from what my dealer told me. I got the 242. I love it.

JP