1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discount for mowing on Mondays?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rob's Lawn Care, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Rob's Lawn Care

Rob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Does anyone give a discount 10%, 15%, etc. for mowing customer's yards on a Monday? Is this something that might be with the big companies or large cities? sounds interesting in a way.
  2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Is gas, insurance, labor, or anything else cheaper on Monday?
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Id add extra for those who want it cut on a special day....If anything monday is the least productive day of the week...just back from a weekend parties, ect....

I never understood those wanted grass cut on fridays....I always felt the grass looked best 2-3 days after it was cut..., so for those wanting it to look good for the weeekend I would reccomend a wed-thursday cut...
  4. Gnyus

Gnyus LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Instead of charging less on mondays, you should charge more on tuesday wednesday, thursday and firday imo
    At least, this is what I do. The demand is stronger for wednesday, thursday and friday, I rise my price accordingly for those who ask for a cut on those days.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you charge less on a Monday?
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No discounts.