Discount for referals

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking of giving my current customers each one or two "referal" cards and tell them that they get 10% their one month total for every person they get to sign up for the year

what do you think? with the 10% the customer will probably only be saving about $ im basically paying $15 to make about $625 tops depending on when the person signs up

is this a yay or a nay?
  2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I never give a direct discount like that i just keep them in mind when they ask for a job.... or will give them a random cut for free
  3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

$15 to make about $610 (gotta take off the $15), definitely worth it in my book as long as there is a minimum number of cuts setup on the new account so that your not just getting one cut out of them and basically making $10 on it because you ditched $15 in order to get it.
  5. Pennings Gardens

Pennings Gardens LawnSite Member

I would let them know they get the dicount or free cut for every new customer, after 2 months and the new customer is in good standing (you don't want to give anybody a discount for giving you a customer that doesn't pay his bills).
    I do the same thing for my snow plow business and it works just ok, not great...

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The way that we do it is that both the new customer and current customer have to bee in good standing. After the referral has had 4 cuts and has paid, and if the referring customers is paid up, then they will recieve a discount or free cut.
  7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I give one free cut for a customer that signs on for the is worth it....
  8. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the link

btw i like your new logo alot better than the other one with the tree...good job!
  9. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you! :waving:

My best friend did that with a few recommendations from me.