1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discount gasoline

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by justgeorge, Apr 7, 2005.

1. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Thought I'd pass along an easy way to get a 4% discount on your gas. At our Speedway gas stations, they sell a $50 gas card for $48. That's like getting $2.25/gallon gas for 9 cents per gallon off. I bought $400 in two cards (one for me, one for my wife) for $384.

Every little bit helps!

2. Hans-Ulrich

Hans-Ulrich LawnSite Member

awesome, thx
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What are ya supposed to do if you don't have Speedway where ya live...lol?
  4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Suffer, what else? :p
  5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Citibank has a credit card called the Dividend card. It gives you 5% off of all gas purchases no matter what brand or station. I used it all last summer. They sent me a couple hundred dollars. The way prices are going they will be sending me a lot more this year. You can use this card for anything but I use it just for gas and the monthly statements keep track of my business gas.
  6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Rod, do they have Valero in NJ? They have similar cards, but I think you end up saving 5ยข a gallon with them.

ROCKYM LawnSite Member

Hess gas stations have a card and for the first 90 days after you open up an account its 10% off every purchase made at the Hess station. 5% after the 90 days are up. Ive been using it and saved a pile of money.
  8. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Use the Citibank card to purchase the Speedway gift card - it would still show up as a gas station purchase and should get you your 5% cash back, plus the Speedway discount. Assuming you have a Speedway near you that is....
  9. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

There is no Speedway near here. But that is a clever idea. It would almost make the gas free(Ha!)
  10. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Smith's Supermarkerts (Kroger) gives a 10cents a gallon off with a $25 dollar purchase. When we do our shopping we split up the order to get more coupons. They are good for a month and here they will take them even if they are expired. We can also use them at Mini Mart (Kroger also)