1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Boycea, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone give discounts to customers who hold power in their community such as the chief of police, selectman, mayor etc., In hopes that one day thay may be able to help you out.
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

They all hate me.:mad:
  3. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

No , Ihave done alot of work for different township, county officials and never gave them a discount, they get treated like any other customer.

Now if they offered to lower my local taxes;)
  4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to date a girl whos grandpa was the major of or city and her uncle was chief of police. that was kind nice:)
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nice??? I would have been nervous as all h***!!!
  6. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little unethical to me. If you actually received a contract from the govt entity involved in some states you would be breaking the law

Austreim Landscaping Inc
  7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

How are they going to help me out?

They can help me by paying their bills like everyone else. NO discounts. I don't do the "political" butt kissing. I could care less. They're all liars and fake anyways.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I personally don't "grease palms". I make money the old fashion way, "I earn it".

Nuff said on that subject.
  9. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Say you get a speeding ticket. They take care of it, thats how they can help you out. Or you mow a few commanding officers houses, they drive past your truck/trailer/equipment when its parked at night to make sure its not being tampered with or stolen.
  10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

No reason to give someone of power a discount. If someone of power helps me or gives me a good lead I will take care of him with a dinner gift cert or something like that. Business is business, I have a business and a family to support so there are no discounts for work. I still have business bills to pay. On the other hand, I do some charity for local youth sports. I offer labor to line the fields and any mowing or landscaping that needs to be done that the DPW won't do. I would rather help out kids than help someone who has more than enough money or power.