Discovery Day with Lawn Doctor Next Week

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JAMEYBAXTER, Jan 6, 2010.

JAMEYBAXTER LawnSite Member

I am going to discovery day next week with lawn doctor. I have been reading over this site for a couple of days now, and I know where some of you guys stand on the franchise systems. However, I am in the franchise business right now (Sport Clips 3 store owner/operator). I had 0 knowledge of hair before I got in that business.
    I am planning on getting a lot of information from them, and I am taking my friend and potential business partner, who happens to be a collegiately educated and career turf guy currently working for another franchise. He wants to step out from Scotts and I am looking to diversify.
    For those of you guys that can/will say:
    (1)What do you average in sales per day in your trucks?
    (2)how many people do you REALLY need to service 25-50K market size
    (3)they say my MSA is actually 4 territories, but they will work with us on drilling them down to "practical" markets. I actually only think there are 2 markets. Anyone have experience with this?
    (4)We have TruGreen, Scotts, and Fairway Lawns. 2 of them have reputations that are failing because they are too big to service their customers well. Do you think the opportunity is right to steal customers from them?
  2. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I'm interested to hear your results when you have them. No knowledge of the doctor other than what you have already...
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I used to work for a guy that did this, he was in the lawn Business then went to lawn doc. I lost contaic with him for a few years. then met him again and he was doing Quite well.

Best of luck
  4. jalderfer63

jalderfer63 LawnSite Member

How did you make out at discovery day at Lawn Doctor?