Discussion: Brand Loyalty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thirdpete, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

How important is it to keep all of your 2 cycle stuff (edgers, trimmers, hedge clippers, etc) the same brand? This is the dilemna I face.

I think that Stihl is the best in overall quality. However, I've been told that Echo makes better hedge trimmers. I currently have Stihl saws, trimmer, blower, etc. I'm satisfied with how they're work, particularly the trimmer.

I'm going to be buying hedge trimmers soon and again, have been told that the Echo are nicer than the Stihl model. They're also less expensive.

The dealer I will be buying it from carries Redmax, Stihl, Honda, Husky, etc. Service isn't an issue.

Thoughts?

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Can you demo different brands to see what you like better?

3. I don't worry to much about it we have stihl handheld blowers, red max backpack blowers, stihl polesaw and hedge trimmers, shindawai trimmers and red max trimmers as you can see I have a variety, no echo's.

4. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

i don't think that they'll allow me to demo on smaller items like that.

5. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

It's not important.

6. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

Husqvarna's hedge trimmer was ranked#1 by consumer report and it was worth it. I have Huskies,Scags,redmax,echo,stihl,lawnboy,billygoat. I am loyal with certain brands for certain things. And I haven't had a problem with things being different brands because some share the same tune-up parts (spark plugs). And I use Amsoil syn. in all 2-cycle no problem. Go with whatever brand you like.

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

We'd love to have you demo the Tanaka THT-210S at a local dealer or by one of our reps. PM me or email woodlingm@tanaka-usa.com

-MW

8. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

The Hedge trimmer was the 326HD60X ranked best buy in consumer digest in march 2005. Just in case you wanted to know. It does great and has lots of power.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It can be important to stay with one brand if you plan to do any repairs. These companies don't change much year to year. You can switch parts to debug. I use Echo because they are the easiest to work on.

10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

stihl ranks #1 in commercial use. get the stihl hedge trimmer with the adjustable handle. luv it!