1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

disgusted>>need advice!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddboygeorge, Jun 1, 2007.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there any place in the country that knows how to work on 2 stroke engines? (i.e. trimmers , chainsaws, blowers etc.) I need to find a company that Caters to the lco these local shops suck!! It seems like i spend a ton of money an nothing is ever repaired rite! Anyone know of a shop that does a good job an understands this is our bread an butter here ???
  2. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if Russ works on smaller stuff,but it worth a shot.He's a great guy and provides great customer servise.

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I need quick turn around an someone that knows 2 cycles! I am tired of spending hard earned cash on lousy service an then it costs me precious time!!!
  4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If you could find a Japanese mechanic they could straighten out your problems, I don't know what has happen to the American people they appear to be getting dumber by the day.

The children in Japan are much farther ahead in school than American kids.

The school systems in this area cannot get a handle on why there test scores keep falling, the kids are getting dumber for the big part of the picture. (Not All Kids)

It is not just the work you see American's doing with 2 stroke equipment, it is the work they are doing on everything.

It is like I have been saying for a long time, doctors and mechanics are just alike there is about 1 good one in a hundred.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Cost of labor and parts make it difficult to make much money on the little two cycle stuff. I try to fix my own .......most people are just thowing the stuff away and buying new. I assume you meant trimmers and blowers etc. I have found that the Echo stuff is pretty easy to repair don't know about the others.
  6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Running nothing but Redmax for over a dozen years.

3-5 full time employees.

Repairs have been spark plugs, air filters, gas caps, recoil rope. That's it, and I'm talking over 50 machines.

Go Redmax....Redmax is like Maytag, you don't need the repair man.
  7. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

most problems w/ 2cycle equipment failures is usually the operators fault. almost always when i have trouble with hard starting the 1st thing I do is take the muffler screen out. because it is loaded with carbon from poor mixing of fuel. 2nd ck air, spark plug and fuel filter.

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

But, these same kids can name all contestants on American Idol, can speak with authority on Hollywood celebrities, sports figures, etc. The interest in a good education in this country is dwindling and embraced by a smaller and smaller portion of our society.

After watching a portion of the the recent national spelling bees, there is a sliver of sunlight shining through the clouds. Also, reading the recent stories of the Academic All-Americans in USA Today reveals there are some brilliant students in the country.
  9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I will agree 100%, there are children born with a higher degree of intelligence therefore learning is very easy for them. The problem is with the other 90% that need to be taught and for what ever reason it seems like our school systems have not hit on the right combination to interest these children in learning skills. There are also to many distractions for children in this period we live. Parents don't always have time to spend with their children because they are so busy trying to make ends meet in this dog eat dog world we live in today.

For whatever reason (which I certainly don't know) the teaching and learning skills seem to be falling way behind in this country.

There seems to be a lot of different things we are falling behind on in this country.
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

work on them ????

dont know about you but most of us live in a dispoable world..

there CHEEP throw them in the trash and get a new one