Disney World

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Feb 28, 2011.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone on here was talking about how well Disney keeps their landscape up. I want to know who does all the lawn fert on the property. What lawn company? The grass always looks perfect. Not a weed in sight. I would also like to know how to trim shrubs into different shapes(Mikey mouse ect)

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

All in house. It takes a knack at trimming topiaries. Some are started by making a metal frame and growing a shrub around it, some stand on their own and edward scissor hands shapes them. There are members here who have worked there and can likely give you better insight than I can.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

William

I am not sure what posts you have been reading, But I have seen more posts complaining how Disney is no longer doing good landscape work.

4. saw several Valley Crest trucks around there in October.

5. abrightday

abrightday LawnSite Member

As a former member of Disney Pest Management,, I know they are beginning to outsource more and more, many of those I still know who work there are worried about their jobs. Valley Crest has been getting a lot of the work. The days of Disney employees doing more then required because they love working there so much are gone,,so are a lot of the former perks that came with the job.:cry:
    www.YourLandscapePro.com

6. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

Hi Walter, how they hangin'?

7. abrightday

A little to the left but leaning to the right! You know my name who is you???

8. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

LOL, a bit of dain bramage? I was your Supervisor at Dismal for awhile. Hell, I may have even hired you...don't remember for sure... old timers disease. No, I'm not Steve Baldyga either.

9. abrightday

Ric Gleason?

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

bugsNbows

I Bet you work with Greg A.