dispersal

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by kawakx125, Aug 13, 2013.

1. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have noticed that with blade sharpness as well. i run the regular lift scag blades also, the blowout is the only problem i really have with it now. interested to see pics of your new baffle you built. i have also found that it cuts much better with the striping flap completely removed, especially when i cut my pasture properties that i mow around 4.5''. alot of the stringers i was seeing were from the flap disrupting the swath and making bent over blades stand up, if that makes sense. i've had better luck eliminating blowout by running 3-4 spacers on top of blade, rather than the 5 they recommend with flat blades.

2. Uponone605

Uponone605 LawnSite Member

Pics of the new baffle are in post 9. Very simple and cheap to make. Running scag eliminators over g5 or g6's ( cant remember which ones but they sre the thicker ones part #718) and running only 2 spacers between the spindle and blades with a 1/2 inch pitch I have absolutley no blowout whatsoever even when bagging and it seems to be cutting better then ever. Now if I can just figure out how to eliminate it with tbe mulch kit I made ill be one happy camper.

3. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm not gonna run doubles for the simple fact of clutch wear, it ain't gonna last too long running doubles, especially with one of them being g6 blades. i tried running 3 spacers on top of g5's and it cut like crap and still had blowout. it won't cut weeds at all unless all 5 spacers are in, and i have several properties where weeds are prevalent. overall cut quality was much worse with 3 spacers. i'm afraid that even extending the baffle will have the same effect as using less spacers. working on a rubber flap for front of deck now