Disposable Business Card Holders?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

anyone know where i can find them?

im talking about the kind that i can leave in a store on the counter...instead of leaving a plastic one do they make cardboard type holders that the ppl can throw away once the cards are gone?

i found these and it wont cost me a lot to get the amount that i want...but it would suck knowing i might not get them back

Link:
    http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=1940

2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

At .59 cents a pop, does it really matter if you get them back or not? I do know what you mean though, i hate spending money on something and then have it just thrown away. Maybe you could check on them periodically. And refill or take back as necessary.

3. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Don't worry about it those things are so cheap it doesn't really matter.

4. Clear-Cut

yea thats what i was thinking

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

The companies that use those distribute 100's of thousands of cards. They are usually in the retail markets where "pennies per unit" is the rule of thumb.

6. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

Did you guys notice you have to buy 250 or you will be charged $10.00 automatically. That's like throwing away $147.50 JMHO

7. Clear-Cut

damn i just saw that..thanks for pointing it out lol

so that means that after shipping i will probably be paying about $20 after shipping for 10 of those things!

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I got card holders very similar to those from Office Depot for 0.89 cents each. I would look into that if I were you. No shipping. I think you can also get them at Wal-Mart for a little cheaper. I put them in restaurants. When I go bcal to that restaurant, I check them and add cards if needed. If the cardholder is gone, I ask, and put a new up. No big deal. They are cheap and that is just part of the game with this type of advertising.

9. Clear-Cut

man i didnt think that department stores would sell that stuff for that cheap. ill check that out. thanks a lot grits