disposal fee?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SOS Landscaping, May 21, 2008.

1. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

What are you guys charging for people who dont want their grass mulched and want the clippings bagged and disposed of? Also what about charging for getting rid of black mulch?

2. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

it's a min $8 disposal fee, (I just tell them that is what I get charged.) Brush is $12 per yard, mixed yard waste is $12, woodchips are free, but none of my customers will ever know that. Though, the $8 is about to go up.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

to bag grass i tripple the price...... period.....and if i cant dump the grass on site, there is a 45 dollar fee

4. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

so if it was a $40 a week job you charge $120 a week?

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

r u talking about labor also or just disposal fees?

6. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

So I'll use the $40 lawn example also, to cut it once it would be $120 and then $45 disposal? S0......it's $165.00 to cut a $40.00 lawn each time? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

consequently i only bag 3 lawns out of 76, problem solved, you shouldn't be bagging anyway, its slow, a pain in the butt, and not beneficial to the turf....

8. Sal200

Sal200 LawnSite Member

I bag all of my lawns as do all of the landscapers that i see and know. That is what the customer expects in my area.

9. sure cut

sure cut LawnSite Member

over here in the uk its the same story, its expected, although i generally wont take it away, just bag it for the customer and leave onsite for them to dispose of

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Well you must live up the Island or in the Hamptons. Only 1 of my customers asks for bagging and I charge double what I would normally charge. I charge for even touching debris. I also charge for hauling everything, even wood chips and leaves which I dump for free (dont tell)