Disposal of grass clippings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rhatala, Mar 24, 2008.

1. rhatala

rhatala LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Does anyone know a place you can get rid of bulk grass clippings in burlington county nj? Any help would be great
  2. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

I don't.... but why wouldn't you just make a few phone calls to your local city officials/street dept... etc...is it that tough? laughing so loud and shaking my head, now my head hurts real bad!!! LSLASMHNMHHRB... :hammerhead:
  3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

In S Jersey Natures Choice will take them but if you dont have them stop and ask a few farmers if you could dump on their property or leave them on site at the yards or charge extra for haul away I charge $5 per full dump from the mower if I haul away or dump onsite at no cost
  4. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

Hey smart a** Most NJ towns and counties dont handle grass clipping collection from commercial operators, only homeowners if that. Generally in Nj you have to get a vehicle and trailer registered (dumping permit) with the state in order to even bring it to one of the few private landfills/ transfer stations.
  5. rhatala

rhatala LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I did call the county and there are no public dumps for commercial compaines that is why I asked the question. Thanks guys I'll ask around and see if some farmers are willing to take my clippings.
  6. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

slc man he just asked a question thats what the site if for if your gonna sit here and leave remarks like this to a question i dont think that your needed here
  7. Wyllner's L & Landscaping

Wyllner's L & Landscaping LawnSite Member

I live in Burlington County also and I had the same problem. Where do you dump the grass? I also work part time at a local garden center and they are letting me get an extra dumpster up there to put the grass in. It is a 4 yard dumpster. I called waste management to see if I can put grass in it and they said that as long as the grass is in trash bags, it wouldnÂ’t be a problem. It makes it easier for me, because a 45 gallon trash bag fits perfect around a grass gobbler. Put the bag on it and dump. They said it would cost $90 a month for a twice a month pick up. So I will see how this works out this season.
  8. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

just dump in the back of your truck and drive really fast down some country roads. They'll be gone in only a few miles.
  9. rhatala

rhatala LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thanks Wyllner's L & Landscaping at least i know in the worst case I can use a dumpster. I was hoping I didn't't have to use a dumpster and could just go to some dump and unload. If anyone knows of a dump site in Burlington county let me know still interested.