Disrtibutors

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by eskerlite, Jul 20, 2006.

1. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

What do you contractors look for in a Distributor?Price location service knowledge inventory? What makes you stay with your distributor? What would you change about your distributor?
    Sean C.:cool2:

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Service, inventory, quality products. location and pricing are what keep me going back to my main supplier. If I need something, they get it for me at a reasonable price. The employees are always helpful and courteous, they have most of the product in stock when I need it and carry the products I wish to install.

Kirk

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

What Kirk said pretty much sums it up. I think a distributor that really cares about your business and keeps up with the latest in the industry is important too.

Price is always a factor but to me its not the most important altho if its not competitive I would take my business elsewhere. Service and location are pretty important to me too.

I dont think this just pertains to lighting. It goes with pretty much anything I would buy

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Billy makes an excellent point about keeping up with industry developments and training. Also having a representative that may be able to come out to a job or may even know more than the installer is a big plus.

Kirk

5. KPPORTSNH

KPPORTSNH LawnSite Member

eskerlite who do you buy from now? Cast is nice and decent priced. Aurora is extremely nice and expensive. Rsl is cheap and not very good quality. There is a distibutor in mass that sells cast and aurora!

6. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

I buy Nightscaping out of Larchmont Engineering and Irrigation out of Lexington ,Ma. I also use Terradek Lighting out of Minn.