dissapointed about american chopper, dixie chopper bike

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, May 3, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i was really looking forward to the 2 episodes of american chopper because they were building a bike for dixie. well today i recieved my new pro mag. and there a picture of it. i really thought there would be some stainless steel and some black stuff, wasnt what i was expecting, dont know if anyone else saw it and feels the same. tony
  2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

wow i just saw a commercial for it today , i was planning on watching it, i didn't know it was to episodes though.
  3. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

I do not care for OCC's bikes that much.

Thery are very few parts that they coustem build themselves. 90% of a bike is just slapped together from parts that come from other real custom bike builders..

Dixie Chopper should have had Randy Simpson and his crew at Milwaukee Iron build their bike. For those Lynchburg, VA boys builds their bike from scratch and right..
  4. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

yeah i think that bike is lacking much detail work. i was expecing something like the detail in the fire truck bike. this bike is lame and slapped together.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree. It's anything but impressive. On the other hand, look at a dixie chopper. It looks like a box on wheels. Guess they really didn't have much to work with.
  6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I like their bikes pretty well. The chopper bike wopuld have looked better orange with tiger stripes though.

Actually it looks pretty good to me.

Realize this they are using a freaking lawn moser engine.

Would have rather seen a harley
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Other than the Generac motor and the blades for the spokes, I really don't see much Dixie IN it. I mean, I'm not expecting a mower deck on it, but you would think they'd have a LITTLE more to help. Why didn't they make the tank and fenders lokk stainless? They could've had running boards that were actual edges off a floor pan from a Dixie. I have NO idea where the brown and green paint came from.
    The last but most important thing they could've (and should've) done, since it was DC that had the bike built, was to place an engraved plate somewhere on the bike that said "In Memory of Eric".
  8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Yep In memory of Eric!
  9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Hey here is an idea. Since we are all critics and all can do better let's build our own. Personally I think Dixi's are ugly to begin with and if I had the bucks they could build one for me looking like a Tiger.
  10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

they did make a majority of the parts on this bike, looks better than anything dixie chopper has ever made.