Ditch witch 410

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rainman7, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Anyone know what a New DitchWitch 410 goes for with trencher?

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

BSME just picked one up.

My guess is mid 30's.

3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Jonnyboy's guess is pretty good. I got a brand new ditch witch s8b trailer (very happy with it still) with my 410 ... the trencher went on about a month after I got it but they didnt charge me labor... all for about $35k...

trailer was less than 3k I believe

4. Dirty Water

How is the metal grate holding up on the s8b?

Our s7b has a wood deck, and its going to be due for replacement in about a year.

Also, BSME, I don't know if they are still doing this, but we just had to replace the planetary drive gear between the hydraulic pump and the engine, they are nylon gears and the stress bent all the teeth. Those gears should be cast.

Hopefully on yours (ours is a '01) they changed to cast, the plastic ones only lasted 700 hours.

5. BSME

from Midwest

the orange paint is coming off so that it doesn't look new anymore... which is good... I was kind of embarassed about such a clean looking trailer... made me look like I wasn't working enough!

I also dented a very small part of it when I loaded the machine too close to the back so that the blade could bang against it while we were driving.

other than that I haven't had any problems and don't really see any wear and tear getting to it.. I'm also a fan of the fact that this trailer has holes so that it doesn't collect dirt...

6. Dirty Water

Yeah, our deck has constant amount of mud on it from the trencher attachement (don't lower it on someones yard after using it or your dump the dirt under the auger, learned that the hard way) :)

I still love the tilt deck though, thats why we went with the s8b.

It cost $600 for the two new nylon gears + another $600 in labor from the shop.

7. BSME

from Midwest

yea tilt decks are cool... the problem with my ramps is that I can't let a 20' of pvc hang off the back because of it... luckily I hardly ever use pvc.

after I pull that job tomorrow my dad is taking the trailer to PA to pick up a MG Midget... (he's turning 60 this week).