Ditch Witch sk350 for aerating?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Precision Lawns, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting a compact machine (SK350) from DW and was thinking about adding the aerating attachment as well. Does anyone have any experience with this attachment?

2. Keystone

Keystone LawnSite Member

What type of aerator is it ? I've used the Aeravator several times and it will put holes in th hardest ground.

3. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

it looks like a heavy duty spike aerator with hydro vibrating action. looks pretty serious. I was wondering about lawn damage after running a 3/4 ton machine on it following an aerator. It's the aerator on the ditch witch website.
    thx for your reply.

4. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

Aerators belong on the back of a tractor IMO not a skid-steer,I bet you'll get lots of sod damage using a skidsteer aerator..

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Have you ever seen a sk350? Aren't you one of those mini-skid haters that thinks tractors are soooo much better?

I think an aerator attachment would be sweet... I really hate getting dragged behind an aerator for 8 hours.

6. Keystone

Keystone LawnSite Member

That aerator on the DW website is an Aeravator and it works great you just have to go back and forth on the turf. Turns are not a good idea.

7. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

Nope I love mini-skidsteers,but for certain applications a tractor is better ,take aerating for one,and yes i'v'e seen plenty of sk350s