ditch witch sk755

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Country Club Lawnscapes

Country Club Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

What are your thoughts on the 650 was it more then capable to do the job

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree 100%, I just bought my first stand on mower and already love it. I was stating that, as this could easily replace a slightly larger sit down machine but then be able to shine in smaller areas. I guess the only downfall would be lift capacity.

3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

No doubt about their versatility, particularly in tight areas, but rain, snow, freezing temps or windy conditions would make me long for an enclosed cab with a heater :)

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I definitely see their value, but I can't think of a "ton" (especially compared to the PT30) other than applications where narrow access is required that doesn't open back up once you're at the work area.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

the main reason for a stand on unit is:
    1) on and off use: these are not units that you're grading large areas with I will admit that but lets say you're making beds, mulching or even just augering some fence post its a one man job now becasue the operator can fill the role of helper and operator
    2) visibility: no cab and a higher vantage point allow you to work in smaller areas without running over stuff/people

I'll give you an example my hardscape crew will 9/10 times go for the sk650 to move our large tamp (~600#) vs our 287b cat its just faster and easier to not have to climb in a cab

talked to my dealer today and will have a demo when convenient for him (i'm in no real rush) anyone interested in buying one of my current units?

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone else notice that DW will be offering a single lever joystick along with their traditional dual lever?

I won't be trading in my 650 anytime soon (still almost new!), but I would like to hear the reviews if anyone gets to demo one.

7. Country Club Lawnscapes

Brandon V how many hours are on them

8. BrandonV

~1200
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. BrandonV

single lever doesn't thrill me because on occasion I like to stand off the machine and I think the joystick would be hard to drive like that.

10. Country Club Lawnscapes

I'm interested what kinda motor how many hours and do you have any attachments