ditch witch sk755

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Dec 26, 2012.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

here are the specs: http://www.ditchwitch.com/legacy/SK650/
    the only attachement I'll be selling is the combo bucket the rest will be staying put but since you asked I have a backhoe, trencher, auger, tiller, rotodarion, trench backfiller and bore kit

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good points about the on and off, but I would argue that the visibility advantage over a PT30 is negligible since the rear hood is so short, and the operator sits so high. I've operated all of the stand ons with the exception of the Ramrods, and they're very versatile (hence the big market).

However, if I were to buy one (and I'm not :cry:), I would really need a machine 600lbs lighter and 6" narrower before I'd get one over a PT30. The PT30 gives me almost 50% more ground speed, almost 50% more ground clearance, significantly more lift and tilt breakout, more operating capacity, more stability, more traction, more hp, more engine torque, 20" more dump height, lower ground pressure, less turf damage, more flotation, and a machine I could truly operate all year round.

I'm sure the single joystick on the new Ditchwitch machines would be interesting to operate.