Ditchwitch SK500?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by advancedlawnsolutions, Feb 6, 2005.

1. advancedlawnsolutions

advancedlawnsolutions LawnSite Member

Hey I've been looking all over town to rent a v. plow but none of the equipment rentals have one for my up coming job (back to chain trenching). Anyway I called a ditchwitch store in Columbia SC and the guy there was telling me all about the SK500. Basically its a compact walk behind skid steeer machine that will bore, trench,v. plow, auger, front end load, back fill blade, fork lift. I might of missed something too. But the base machine w/ no attachments is 16k. Have any of you guys got any comments on this? I thought it might be a good investment if I get my buisness going good.

2. farmer_lab

farmer_lab LawnSite Member
    from KS

If were up to me I couldn't see spending that much for just starting out spend $1000-2500 and get a mini or a maxi sneaker and get them to make you enough to be able to pay cash for a newer and better machine. by then you will know better what you want and will not buy something that you really do not need

3. advancedlawnsolutions

advancedlawnsolutions LawnSite Member

Thanks, i just looked up the mini and the maxi by Case and I didn't see where I can get one near 1,000 -2,500. Where do I get one that cheep? :blob3:

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

5. farmer_lab

farmer_lab LawnSite Member
    from KS

advancedlawnsolutions
    I was going to PM you but you do not allow that so contct me to get some info on some machines that are in that price range.

6. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

There was also a thread in the commercial landscaping forum, I believe it's linked in the thread in the tractor forum. If it's not, here it is:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=85666

Between the two threads, there's been a lot of discussion, and a lot of info. Hope it helps!

Dan