Diversify, second set of eyes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman59, Apr 7, 2003.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

A good friend of mine mows a local Bank, he does just that Mow and Blow..... Last year I picked up an extra $ 800.00 off the property by taking a close look at the grounds and determined it needed a little T L C

Painted the back door where the paint had chipped off

Painted electric meter box ( in poor eye appearance )

Added 1.5 yds of stone top beds

Added .5 yds of mulch to other areas

planted 6 Burning Bushes and 1 yew that had expired( but still in the landscape.

The moral of the story, is the Landscape classes I took over the winter allowed me to generate revenue from a property without underbidding the current mowing contractor, and it was work that he wasnt wanting anything to do with. The Bank manager now got see my work and offered me a job at his property. A little while later a customer at the bank called me and wanted a quote for Mulch and Stone at her residence....didnt jeapordize a friendship Use your second set of eyes on people props it pays dividends...

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

North Central Michigan...where abouts are you located at?

I do agree with that story though.

3. turfman59

Evart
    dont forget to vote if you are from here I am rerunning for Mayor

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

heck..I'm from Clare..only a jump away from here

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you really running for mayor? I think that's cool if you are! Good luck! (and don't laugh at me too hard if you were only kidding).

6. turfman59

This will be my fourth term if I win ...The election is today and the weather isnt too good, which is a blessing for an incumbent... I will know after 8 pm tonight the results...

I really hate these darn popularity elections in small towns...

Maybe will try state house of reps next or county commissioner..

By the way a Long distance call to heaven from Evart is only 25 cent because its a local call LOL