1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Diversify, second set of eyes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman59, Apr 7, 2003.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

A good friend of mine mows a local Bank, he does just that Mow and Blow..... Last year I picked up an extra $ 800.00 off the property by taking a close look at the grounds and determined it needed a little T L C

Painted the back door where the paint had chipped off

Painted electric meter box ( in poor eye appearance )

Added 1.5 yds of stone top beds

Added .5 yds of mulch to other areas

planted 6 Burning Bushes and 1 yew that had expired( but still in the landscape.

The moral of the story, is the Landscape classes I took over the winter allowed me to generate revenue from a property without underbidding the current mowing contractor, and it was work that he wasnt wanting anything to do with. The Bank manager now got see my work and offered me a job at his property. A little while later a customer at the bank called me and wanted a quote for Mulch and Stone at her residence....didnt jeapordize a friendship Use your second set of eyes on people props it pays dividends...

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

North Central Michigan...where abouts are you located at?

I do agree with that story though.

3. turfman59

Evart
    dont forget to vote if you are from here I am rerunning for Mayor

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

heck..I'm from Clare..only a jump away from here

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you really running for mayor? I think that's cool if you are! Good luck! (and don't laugh at me too hard if you were only kidding).

6. turfman59

This will be my fourth term if I win ...The election is today and the weather isnt too good, which is a blessing for an incumbent... I will know after 8 pm tonight the results...

I really hate these darn popularity elections in small towns...

Maybe will try state house of reps next or county commissioner..

By the way a Long distance call to heaven from Evart is only 25 cent because its a local call LOL