1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dixichopper presentation

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dixieking, Jan 24, 2008.

1. dixieking

dixieking LawnSite Member

hi im new here and i need your help!
    i got a presentation in college to do and it has to be something in the green industry so i had to send in my choices to the instructor and he told me to do the dixie chopper choice so i emailed dixie chopper and they are going to send me a bunch of photos, etc... so what i need is what experiences and such have you all had with the brand dixie chopper?:usflag:
  2. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

try a site-search using the top bar "search" function.

1. check the "thread" dot (recommended first) to search Threads at Lawnsite,

(as oppposed to selecting "posts" for innumerable posts)

2. type in " dixie chopper " on the drop-down menu, then click GO and have fun searching because it's a popular topic here at Lawnsite. (yeh, our comments are posted within several "dixie chopper" Threads too)

Welcome to Lawnsite, and good luck on your searches, "grasshopper" :)
  3. dixieking

ok ill try that!:usflag:
  4. jpiwowar

jpiwowar LawnSite Member

My experience with their "velvet touch control system" is that is it give you NO control. This is especially true on hillsides. They made an ok machine 15 years ago. Problem is that they have spend half a million on a Chopper Motorcycle and at least that on a pulling truck. Doesn't look to me like they have spent much on R&D to improve the product...
  5. dixieking

never mind im not at that college anymore so just ignore this thread!