Dixie 42" ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, May 9, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Is $3400 a good price for a new Dixie 42" ztr I think the model number is 4114b. (I think). It sounds good to me but I'm not to farmiliar with Dixie's.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

would that be a dixie or a dixon?

I hear the dixon is not a commercial grade machine.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's not a Dixie. Must be a Dixon homeowner model. The cheapest Dixie is $4995.00.
  4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

The dixons look pretty cheasy to me, you get what ypu pay for.

Anyway whats the piont of a 42" ztr :confused: that just dosn't make sence to me. I think you'd be better of with a 44" hydro walkbehind with a velke if you want something that small.
  5. lsylvain

the $3400 is wholesale cost. I think the lady said they retailed at about 4900 or so. I swear she said dixie but it could be a dixon. I'll have to check and see. I don't want to pass up a good deal ya know. I just don't know much about them to tell if it is worth it. As far as size is concerned the smaller mowers are better for me, cuz the the turf here is verry hilly and uneven at most sights. Larger mowers always cut to low on parts and not low enough on others. I find the smaller mowers do a better job with this terrane.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That is not a Dixie Chopper model number. It must be a Dixon. A lot of people get the 2 mixed up. It sounds like a 41" cut and a 14 HP motor to me.
  7. lsylvain

so baisicaly it's not worth the $
  8. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

a 42" ztr will not work well on hills. The wheelbase will be very narrow and short. Get a 48 walk behind with a sulkie