Dixie Chipper X17-50

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dukester, Oct 7, 2002.

1. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

What do you think of this discontinued model. I have a Walker now and need another mower. 17hp Kroler and 50 inch cut. No extras. They have one on Ebay for $5200 this is a better price than my local dealer gave me. He was $5795 if he c ould get one from the factory. Any advice welcome.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's a great price on the mower but... I think the mower is a bit underpowered with a 17 hp engine. The 17 would be marginal on the 42" mower in my opinion. I would hate to see you buy this mower and then rag on Dixie Chopper because it is underpowered.

3. LAWnENFORCER

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

I have the DC 1701-50 and have been pleased with the performance. I run doubles and have minimal power loss. If you mow thick or tall grass often then I would suggest going with more hp. Hope this helps in your decision. Also, remeber if you buy from your dealer you are going to get better support.

Kevin

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I did not know that Dixie Chopper made brush "chippers". Would that model be called a "Chopper Chipper", or a "Chipper - Chopper".:laugh:

5. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

It make you look didn't it? Thanks for taking the time to post a reply, even if it was a nonsequitur. Look it up. :dizzy: