1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper 14 cu in wheelmotor sealkit

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by piston slapper, Sep 19, 2012.

1. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

You know me...I work harder than anyone I know to be lazy....
    If I don't have the right tool..I ll buy it or invent it...Now that I know it is possible........the rest is just details...
    Thanx again...time to make it look easy.....

Thanx for heating up the mainframes...maybe 1 day we can heat up the BBQ for you...winter is round the corner..
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

"Trust Da Power" !!!! :laugh:

3. piston slapper

Thanx for the info...
    Replaced the high pressure seal without removal or disassembly...
    That snapring is dangerous...
    Good thing I didnt have to remove the wheelmotor...some :hammerhead:nucklehead welded it to the frame...:hammerhead:

4. piston slapper

Just to follow up on the seal replacement...all White HB14 cu in wheelmotors are not the same...It turns out that the kit I received had the correct high pressure seal..that's the only part I used...
    If the wheelmotor has a dust seal...you have to remove the outer housing to access the wire retainer ring..
    The newer wheelmotors...at least the ones in my fleet ...don't have the dust seal...they only have the high pressure seal that is held in place by one mean retainer ring...wear safety glasses and be patient...I think it winked at me as it passed my ear at 180 mph...no harm ..no foul...

Didn't have to Caveman this one....though it did help to have a junk wheelmotor to practice on before I dug into the one I needed to repair...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sooo...... Yer say'n....."It's so easy a caveman can do it" ?!?!? :laugh:

6. piston slapper

Fish accused me of CaveManning that 4x2 gator...which is probably a good definition for the repair..

The seal replacement is Definely Not For Beginners...
    I hate the new handle design on the SnapOn retainer ring pliers...they turn in my hand....
    Posted via Mobile Device