dixie chopper 207 hours...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by schunklawn, Oct 30, 2007.

1. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

just wondering what a 60in. dixie chopper with 207 hours is running at price wise approximately. it is a demo from my local dealer and is a bit beat up. i am considering purchasing it. i runs really strong. thanks..No Bunk Lawncare

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess it has lost $2,000+ in value from a new one. If it sold for $8,500 new then I would think it would go in the $6,000 to $6,500 range but that's just a guess. I would think it would loose the most value during the first 200 or so hrs but it could really vary, especially since you say it's beat up a bit. How do you beat one up in 200 hrs, it makes me think the previous owner didn't take very good care of it (so did he change the oil, filters, grease, etc).

3. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a dixie for you. I have never used a crappier mower in my life! Run away from that deal while you still can!!!

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I think you are all over it, my dealer says when he takes a mower back on trade he is looking in the 10 to 12 dollar an hour range off the old selling price.

5. schunklawn

thanks guys for the info. and by the way it is a dealer demo, which is the main reason that it is beat up. i think you are very accurate on the price, but i don't know if i can allow myself to buy a machine that should be in much better shape for the amount of hours put on it to go through and purchase it. i think i would pay 5,000 to 5,500 personally. i was just trying to get an idea if there is any way of hitting that number. i may just have to go in and try to snag it for around 5k. i don't know who purposely abuses demo's. It would be an excellent mower if everyone didn't take advantage of the fact that they didn't own it....lol thanks again, No Bunk

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

With the drought in most of the country (South and West) and it being Autumn you should be able to steal one in the next couple of months. There are Lot's of guys that have had a bad season and ZTR's just haven't moved much this year. Find a guy ready to get out of this business is one way. There are ZTR's for sale all over around here, very bad year for the lawn care business.

No doubt the dealers will trip all over themselves and the manufacturers are making attractive financing trying to drum up business. With the great financing I don't know if your not better off to just buy new than a 200 hr machine. Just my opinion. I've talked to some distributors that were sick this year, not moving anything and ready to make a deal. Take your time.

7. schunklawn

thats great advice...thank you for posting......No Bunk