1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dixie chopper 34" deck blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marcovgv, Sep 12, 2008.

1. marcovgv

marcovgv LawnSite Member

This is my fist post as I just purchased a DC lt2200-34>

my questions is Dose anyone make blades for this mower besides dixie? I live in florida so the grass is always wet i recently purchesed 3 magic mulchers toadd to the setup. it works well on leaves but not to well on the actual grass. I just ordered a OCDC so i hope that will help.

I want to try different blades to see if it will mulch better. but the blades are smaller than standard due to the 34 deck size.

Is it possible to put double blades on this machine?

any ideas??
    thanks in advance

2. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

go to the dixie chopper website they sell a dual blade adapter, they also have a video on the website about using gator blades and they say that the ones that work the best are the dc blades. they go as far as saying gator blades will turn a 8 thousand dollar lawn mower into a piece of crap

3. marcovgv

marcovgv LawnSite Member

what do you guys think about the dixie machines. i se alot of people on her favor Exmark. i got this dixie for 3000 and it has 47 hours. if not for the good price i would have gone exmark

4. dago52

dago52 LawnSite Member

Did that mower come from St. Francisville in Louisiana?

5. marcovgv

marcovgv LawnSite Member

no it was puchased in miami fl. direct from a dealer

6. dixiegirl

dixiegirl LawnSite Member
    from okc,ok.

Yes you can purchase regular blades and or gator blades. You may also run the 6 blade system which works very well, along with the OCDC. They are several companies that sell the look alike blades Stens & Oregon. Good Luck
    Heather

7. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 34" Dixon Black Bear and have had no problem with finding blades. I have the mulch kit installed on mine, love it. The 18hp Kohler Command Pro on a 34" deck with a mulch kit can't be beat.

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I want to see a pic the mower!! I've never seen a 34" dixie chopper.

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 34" Dixie, I use single DC Blades w/ great results. If the machine is not cutting great, I would recommend adjusting the decks pitch. If you back up over leaves you will be amazed at the mulching ability of this machine !!

10. marcovgv

marcovgv LawnSite Member

I will try the backing up technique next time.
    thanks