dixie chopper advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Aug 24, 2004.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

i want to add another ztr to my fleet and im not overly thrilled with the jd that i have.this summer i have demoed a scag and a ferris neither i thought were that impressive.ive talked to some guys in my area that have dixies and they claim they are extremely fast,cut very well,and are easy to maintain.i have a demo set up for next week.im considering a dc xt3200-60 with a stripe kit and xblades.any thoughts from dixie owners?i was also told by a dixie owner to have the baffles cut out of the deck to prevent clumping in wet grass.anyone had this done?

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the Dixie it's the best move you'll make, especially time wise. I don't even have a bagger for my 60 inch...it's so fast if I need to cut twice, I kick the deck up and go over the clippings, comes out perfect and I'm still done faster than the guy bagging and dumping, not to mention the clippings are great for the soil being smaller. Speak to John Solazzo in Liverpool...CNY Power Equipment, 315.652.5734....Tell him Jason from Albany referred you to him...I picked up the new 27HP Generac, 60 inch Dixie, retailed at $8,995 at the fair this spring at a show for $7,499...and they drove the mower to me over 2 hrs away. That's service

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Ever consider the Hustler Super Z? It's as fast or faster than the Dixie line, built better, and easier on the operator to use. I bought a Dixie several years ago. It didn't make it through a single season without major breakdowns and shop time. I ran Exmarks until the Super Z came out and now that is all we buy. Dixie had it's day, but due to the lack of upgrading... it has imo fallen behind the times.

4. chevyman1

What can be easier on the operator besides flying across the lawn and making it look beautiful while being fast and making money? Does your mower offer back rubs and grilled cheese sandwiches? that's the only way it would be "easier"...so several years ago you had a bad experience, and they never upgraded since? weird, haha. Hustler makes a good product I'm sure, but come on man

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Hey Chevy,

How come you bash every product out there (even if you haven't used it), except Dixie, but no one else is allowed to provide any constructive critisism against a product you are partial to?

Actually, don't bother responding. I'm sure it won't be worth the read.

6. chevyman1

I learned my lesson, make sure you check it out and use it then talk about it. Notice I said "I'm sure they make a good product" because I haven't used it. He was just a little mistaken there...I'm raising the bar buddy, hope you can catch up

7. GreenMonster

from NH

yeah, you've got all the answers, huh?

I don't think I could ever keep up to your pace, so I won't even bother trying.

8. chevyman1

This is a professional forum, let's both act that way. If you have a problem with me, PM me others don't need this. I gave that guy in Auburn a great dealer for his question. We all use good equipment, enough already with your pessimism

9. GreenMonster

from NH

I'll quit the "pessimism" when you stop the hypocrisy.

You've arguably littered this forum with more unprofessionalism, name-calling, arrogance, and unbiased opinions than possibly any other member in lawnsite history. The proof is out there.

As a result, I don't like you, nor most of your replies. But, in the spirit of "professionalism" I will abide by your wishes to discontinue a public pissing match.

later.

10. chevyman1

Have a good day....like I said, I learned and now am a contributing member and avid learner. I'm sure you are a Red Sox fan, best of luck to your team, end of the summer always means ulcer time in Red Sox land