Dixie Chopper and bagging help...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by davidslawncare, Sep 3, 2012.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you have backup machines so while I understand picking a good dealer and all, Walker and GH are really top notch brands to throw away cause you dont like the dealer IMO. Especially since you bag so much.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I worked for a company about 7 years ago that had the stock bagging unit on one of their dixies for fall cleanup.

The idea was to make a few mulching passes and then use the vac to pick up the remnants.

It worked very well when the leaves were dry, but wet at all and you would get clogs. Ultimately you get that with just about any bagger unit though.

Now, I will say that Dixie has changed their bagging unit design since then, so I don't know if there were any improvements made or not.

Over-all I gave it about an 8 out of 10 on performance.

EDIT: just went to the DIXIE site and noticed that I didn't see the unit that was used before. Originally it was a triangular, 1 yard stainless steel hopper with a lever release. Not the bag style that is on the web-site.

3. davidslawncare

davidslawncare LawnSite Member

Around here the mower is only as good as the dealer. I would never buy a mower from someone who is really bad with customer care and service. It just doesnt make sence to. Sorry just my opinion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Just seen that PECO has the hopper style bagger, might want to check it out and see if your dealer can get it.

I personally don't think you will be disappointed by the performance, but it's not going to be the cat's meow.