1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper Classic 3360 opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Lawn Tech LLC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Lawn Tech LLC

Lawn Tech LLC LawnSite Member

I am looking for anyone running a 3360 who can give me their opinions about the cut, reliability, how it cuts in tall wet grass and overall would they buy one again. We have not run Dixie's before and could us some input.

Thanks

2. rblantonjr

rblantonjr LawnSite Member

I currently run a XG 2703 which is very similar to the Dixie 3360. I have been very happy with my mower. I have put about 225 hours on it with nu complaints. I would purchase one again.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO Dixie's reliability is second to none. I am told that the new tunnel decks are better than the classic decks and fix some of the issues that the old decks had.

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent product! Probably the most durable mowers ever made!

5. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

I was just browsing their new website for '09 and noticed that they removed the Xtreme mower from their lineup.

6. Lawn Tech LLC

Lawn Tech LLC LawnSite Member

How is the cut? Do you run a Dixie and would you buy another one. I was quoted $ 8,800.00 for a Classic 3360. How does that sound?

7. salvagedrover

salvagedrover LawnSite Member

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd say that. The design and build quality as well as Generac as a choice of power plants leaves little to be desired by me. For something that will last a decade and a half in the hands of immigrants or municipal workers, my vote is Exmark or Hustler, hands down.

8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

This thread was over 4 years old You trying slam DC
    Get a life :hammerhead:

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

His statement "leaves little to be desired by me" indicates that the Dixie has everything he wants and he desires nothing else. Why he would prefer another mower is beyond me. :laugh:

10. 997deere

997deere LawnSite Member

I know the one I got is junk. Wish he had it and I didn't.