1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper Classic HP 3360

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpaul4, May 11, 2008.

1. jpaul4

jpaul4 LawnSite Member

I am considering purchasing a Dixie Chopper Classic HP 3360. Anyone have any advise on this mower ??

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

DOES IT COME WITH A CUP HOLDER?:weightlifter:
  3. 19-SAH-98

19-SAH-98 LawnSite Member

I don't have any specific wisdom on that exact model, but I have a 2006 Coatsville Classic (25hp/50in)......I'd look at other mowers. I think mine is lousy on any hill and even worse on ground that is not perfectly level. I just ordered a Hustler Super Z.

I wish someone hadda told me what I just told you a few years ago.
  4. jpaul4

jpaul4 LawnSite Member

I only have a few acres to mow now, but plan to get some accounts in the next year. Then build a business from there.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Dixie builds maybe the most durable mower on the market! The classic is old school dixie but reliable!

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually if you were wanting a 60" dixie I would take a hard look at the new silver eagle HP 60" It has the modern styling with the same deck better brakes and better hill side ability!
  7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Ask your dixie dealer if the have a recycling center near by because the THE silver tin can will need to be thrown away.
  8. jpaul4

jpaul4 LawnSite Member

What make the new silver eagle better on hillsides than the Classic HP 3360 ?
  9. MowJOlawncare

MowJOlawncare LawnSite Member

Dixie Choppers sure are fast and durable. I have a Classic 2760 and on average size lawns it is a tad bit overkill you have to drive and turn it super slow or it will tear up the yard. I prefer to use my dixon on most residential yards because it handles better, but on acre+ yards i like to unlease the beast of the Dixie Chopper.
  10. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

lower to the ground prolly