Dixie chopper deck adjustment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Apr 15, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a 95 model dixie. IT CUTS GREAT. My question: As it is set up right now, the deck, at its highest point, is cutting about 3.75 to 4 inches.

So I've only been able to lower it one or two at the most notches (on the wratchet foot lever). Tomorrow I am cutting fescue. How do I adjust the deck set up so that I can mow from say 4.5 inches and down instead of what I described above. And, how do I keep my pitch correct?

THank you very much.

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

mine has front and back pins in the top holes to get highest cut and I leveled the deck in the 5th notch the lower you go the more pitch it will have . that has a good range for me(3-5"), I do a soccer field they want cut as low as I can go so I usually let most of the air out of the rear tires. During the growing season I put the spacers under the blades for an extra 1/2"

3. matthew horner

How did you level it? And are ther four pins?

4. matthew horner

Ok, I see the pins. 5 selections in the front,and 3 in the back. What do you have yours set on to get your range.

5. ProMo

front and back pins are in top hole. Theres a nut on front chains to adjust level.

6. matthew horner

Thank you. And when you say level, is that the same as "the pitch".
    Thanks again,
    Matt

7. matthew horner

AGGGGGGGGG! I CAN"T GET MORE THAN 3 INCHES OUT OF THIS THING>

8. matthew horner

Ok, here is what I am trying. I'm going to run doubles, so I'm going to set pins at highest holes, and remove spacer, and mount my doubles. I hope that helps.

9. ProMo

tried to send you a link to the dc forum looks like it was edited out ill try to send it in pm

10. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh you finaly got it. How do you like it.