Dixie Chopper deck needed

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cclllc, Feb 23, 2008.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I am in desperate need of a 60 inch black deck for one of my DC's.I noticed today the rust has really taken it's toll on my mower. I also have some cracks and splits that need repair.Although it is a 1996 model I would like toget it back in shape. So if anybody has an old mower they are parting out your help would be appreciated. I would even take just the weldment plate if it is in good shape. I guess mowing overgrown properties and not knowing what is there hasn't helped either.Thanks,john

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at my DC dealer last week, not sure which deck he has, but I saw one sitting on his lot, looked to be stripped, just sitting there. If you want to give him a call, it's Gambrills Equipment, in Severn, Md. I Don't have the # in front of me right now, but I think it starts out 410 969 something or other.:confused:

3. cclllc

Is this it?

Gambrills Equipment
    8001 Quarterfield Rd.
    Severn, MD 2114-2118
    Ph: 410-969-3947
    Fax: 410-969-3580
    gpusloskie@sawdocmd.com

4. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask for George, Jr. For the record, I don't know which deck this is, why it is there, if it's still there, etc, all I know is is that it was there last week, and it looks to be about 5' wide. Dave:drinkup:

5. cclllc

Thanks,I'll call Monday:)

6. cclllc

Still looking.

7. GraZHopA

GraZHopA LawnSite Senior Member

Have you posted this in the classifieds on this site, any other forums or CraigsList? I did a search and found this one, but I doubt that you need the whole mower. Just a thought - you will be surprised what information, from posting a WTB ad for your deck, will net. Also, you should get in touch with the Dixie Chopper Factory Rep in your area and tell him what you are looking for. Good Luck!

8. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I belive I still have a black deck that is bare off a 98 Dixie, 60" was in an enclosed trailer that rolled, ended up parting mower.Will look tomm. for you

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Black deck hasn't been manufactured since 2000

10. cclllc

Do you still have it?