Dixie Chopper deck pitch problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, May 11, 2002.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Bought a 97 Flatlander. At the 3 inch cut the deck had to be set at the 2nd from the highest notch at the foot pedal and the pitch was 1/2 inch higher in the front. I want to cut at 3 inches and have the deck pitched 1/4 higher at the back. So I changed the deck pitch by raising the stabilizer bars to the hole 2nd from the top at the rear axle mount and left the front deck mount on the 2nd from the top. This week the engine to deck belt came off and when I put the new one on I noticed that one of the turnbuckle pulleys was rubbing against the bar that goes under the stabilizer bars at the back of the deck. (I don't know the name of the bar because it's not listed in the manual.) So I put the rear stabilizer setting back down to the 3rd from the top and no problems. The turnbuckle has 2 shims in it. Should I put 3 in it to raise it up so it won't rub on this bar?
  2. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Had the same problem. I did put enough washers on that pin to make the pulley clear. Worked fine.
  3. shearbolt

Thanks Leo
  4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

when i got mine i needed a 4-5 in cut dc emailed me a diagram showing different hole positions
  5. shearbolt

Thanks,I'll get in touch with them.
  6. In the manual that's what it says to do.