Dixie Chopper Dominator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastMan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Wow,,, that's all I can say,,, Wow!
  2. fier23

fier23 LawnSite Member

Wow, you mean Why? That thing looks like a forklift with a belly mower. I do not see the point. And I bet it costs some change. I don't see it being a big seller.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. johndeeretech09

johndeeretech09 LawnSite Member

all dixies are junk. have worked on way too many of them. wouldnt take one if someone gave the junk to me.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My 2003 Dixie Chopper Extreme Mowchine will run circles around any Deere ZTR made and will do it for 1,000 more hours than the Deere will last.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Dixie chopper mowers are not junk. They have thier place in the industry. And every mower we ride has taken a page out of Dixie Chopper's book along the line.

Now the dominator.....that might be junk......hahaha

I cant see any need for that mower at all.

If your hill is to steep for your current ZTR then get a walk behind. If its to steep for your walk behind plant shrubs on it and dont mow it.
  6. johndeeretech09

johndeeretech09 LawnSite Member

1. that wont happen. everything is so weak and terribly designed on those things. nothing is easy to work on and now where close to user friendly.

2. a deere will out cut and perform those things any day hands down. those decks are junk.

oh and thats probly why there is probly why for every 1 dixie theres probly 10 deeres out there.
  7. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Must be lots of commercial mowing going on up there in wayne. Town of what....10k? Farming town, of course you like jd.

I personally have never seen anything more than the average joe on a jd tractor.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

First off I and everyone else on this board have seen the best stripes ever layed to this day done by a dixie chopper and eric elms. He was an artist.

And second I am not a big fan of dixie chopper but on an open area they will out cut anything made hands down. Might not be as pretty as other brands but speed makes money.

Plus il take that extra 5k I saved over the john deere and buy a second mower for the price of 1 deere. :hammerhead:
  9. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

johndeeretech We get your point ok. You don't like Dixie Chopper. I can find small, older DC and smaller older John Deere's every where that is poorly maintained and call it junk.
    Some JD engineering is good some makes me wonder.

Everyone has a JD for reasons other than there the Greatest mower ever. A great number of sales are the city slicker that wants to look like the high end farmer. JD has good market saturation for its tractor/combines not its lawn mower alone.

I help farm in the fall and spring with a farmer, he bought a new tractor and a 1 year old combine and in his deal was nearly given a new ZTR to boot. He tried it and did not like it and it is never used. He would take it back but he dose not want to insult the dealer. He is using and like his older commercial high end ZTR (not DC) , he is discourage with JD ZTR.

I have limited brand Loyalty, I have mower with a JD and may other over the years. But the one think that bothers me is the cost of Green paint. It must be expensive because the part for repair are 20 to 30% hight for JD.

Looking at your name its understandable your life is very ingrained in JD fine. Anyone would, but there is no need to go overboard and label DC all junk. Dc may have and has had issues but if there as junk as you say they would not have lasted 2 years let alone nearly 20 years.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not going to try to have a battle of the wits with an unarmed man.

Oh... And the reason there's 10 deers to every Dixie...

You can not and nor will you ever be able to buy a Dixie at a Lowes, the Home Depot or Tractor Supply. We'll leave those mowers to the home owner types, such as yourself. :laugh:

Just how much of that dear is stamped "MADE IN CHINA" anyway? Hmmm?