1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper Frustatrations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Greenmower, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Greenmower

Greenmower LawnSite Member

All,

Getting frustrated with Dixie Chopper. I can't move any mowers and now can't get parts. Long back orders which is pissing my customers off and all I can say is i'm sorry....

What is the scoop? I know they have financial problems but anyone know the latest? Also, they are floor planned with GE. Anyone heard anything about whether GE continues the relationship?

2. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

GE is excellent to deal with. you just gotta figure out how to use the portal. I've heard that dixie chopper is in some financial trouble. But if I couldn't get parts for my customers- and having a hard time moving units- I would get a different line.

3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I have heard a few other complaints around here too, but on the other hand, I still see them sitting up dealers. I know there is a very small dealer in Broken Bow that was poulan pro only, and I noticed this year they signed him up and they had mowers everywhere. I don't know if they still do consignment without flooring, but i would think that was the case...

4. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

Yea they set up another dealer here in texarkana 6 months ago. I do know they are flooring all of them with GE cause they came by our place too. Unless maybe some older dealers may be grandfathered in or something along those lines
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Greenmower

Greenmower LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard what DC is doing? I hear they are close to belly up and they fired all the execs. Can anyone confirm? My concern is the GE floor plan that has DC on it.

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I read that they restructured their management around Wes Evans (Art Evans son) and he is now president and CEO. Supposedly the move was to put the Evans family back in charge of the business.

7. 997deere

997deere LawnSite Member

I know the mower I got 2011 is total junk. Never buy one again. They should have to buy all the junk back. Stay away from Dixie Choppers.

8. Greg78

Purchased a Dixie Chopper Classic and have mowed for a solid year with it. Great mower, cut and good speed. No problems what so ever and will buy another.

9. Greg78

What model DC did you get? What problems are you having?

10. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not surprised by any of this. Just amazed they are still in business. Just my thoughts.
    Posted via Mobile Device