Dixie Chopper get your act together

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sandgropher, May 24, 2007.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Dixie get your act together ,the eyes of the world are on Loius Ransome as he journeys across America, with it is your reputation as the worlds fastest lawnmower and the reliability of your mowers.

He is now broken down in Trenary Mi with a broken hydro pump and is told he needs to get it to a dealer (like 4 hours away), he has had a good run as far as the mower is concerned but needs the backup service Dixie is known for to continue, at present he is getting mucked around by its reps.

Any Dixie rep post here the outcome, a good one the world hopes. :)

2. RSChopper

RSChopper LawnSite Member

sandgropher i have some friends that work at the factory and this dosen't sound like the way they take care of business last i checked on the big ride it sound like he was going along pretty good. have you been miss informed??? i'm sure dixie chopper would like to know. it sounds like somebody trying to start trouble to me

3. Sandgropher

Yes i am pretty sure the information is correct, although i could be wrong, i believe it is correct, i will see what else i can find out. :)

4. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

I don't know much else. You can call this number and ask to talk to him though. 906-446-3500 The number is for the gas station where he is camping in the front yard.
    PS I am sandgropher's source of information.

5. Sandgropher

Yes thanks for that, Dixie Chopper says they are not sponsoring him but are helping him with service and parts and if he can get it to a local dealer they will help him,,so this appears to be the problem at present being that theres no local dealers around, the closest being a fair way away, so at the moment he is camped outside a gas station , up shyte creek without a paddle so to speak,,if anybody has a moment over the weekend perhaps they can call that number and find out whats going on, i wont the phone bill will be to high from the backwoods of Western Australia, cheers

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

OK, so screw them.

We are a big group here.
    We need an address where he's stranded right now.

The closest one of us not working tomorrow can run by with a trailer and get him where he needs to go.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

OK, so (906) is nowhere near me.

So who is in this area code?

[​IMG]

8. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

Update,
    Lou is not in Trenary, but the mower is. He was so discussed that he started hitch hiking home this morning. (I just talked to the guy at the gas station) Apparently Lou told the people at Dixie that the ride is done and to come pick up the mower.

9. Sandgropher

Fvck Dixie Chopper :nono:

10. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I may be missing something here but how is it Dixie Chopper fault if some guy decides to go cross country with a lawnmower that is built to cut grass not take a vacation in????