1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dixie chopper impressions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Sep 26, 2001.

1. First let me say without this forum i never would have thought about a chopper.
    My first impression of this machine is it is a rock
    2-the ground speed is awsome it must go 15 mph
    3-the blade tip speed i think is even faster than our 48 lazerz
    4-cutting quaility is excellant even at high speed
    5-I know it costs more than most mowers but it is worth every penny we paid and then some

Thanks to all you choppers owners help, i think iwill be talking about this machine for a long long time thats how good i think this machine is
  2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new DC I'm sure you'll like it. I've tried nearly every decent commercial mower on the market( Exmark, Bunton, Bobcat, Grasshopper, Lesco to be specific) and finally found a unit that IMO is second to no one in cut quality and reliability. I've got four DC's and have had several LCO's in my territory ask, "how do you make those stripes" and I answer, get a DC and It'll be alot easier. Take care of your new machine and I guarantee it will serve you well for years to come. Good luck.............Lynn
  3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

check out the new line of DC flex decks coming out soon. You may think a ZTR can trim a lot of places, but this is awsome. I have driven the mower, and in fact invented the concept, and I am a (maybe I shoud say was a die hard John Deere Tractor fan,) but after mounting one of our flex-decks on the DC last summer, and having had the opportunity to drive the flatlander for about 2 weeks, I have to admit there are a lot of things a ZTR can do that I didn't want to admit to. Personally I still have some ditches that are too steep for a ZTR and my tractors not only handle those side hills, but with the flex deck on board they are very maneuverable, trim fast, and can cover a lot more ground than a tractor normally can. See our sponsor forum (Flex-Deck) for details.
  4. bmurrell

bmurrell LawnSite Member

There is nothing like a DC a little hard to get used to but when you do its a money maker !!! Brandon
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Talk about an old thread!
  6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow! That is digging through the old stuff! I saw Odin' name starting the post and thought...whats going on, Odin's back! I do have to disagree, I would not run a dixie if there was any other option available, and I have a New Flatlanders sitting on my trailer as I type.