1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper-new 24 HP Honda

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpellis, Nov 10, 2001.

1. cpellis

cpellis LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Just thought I would compliment DC on their new 24 HP Honda. I just purchased a new one this week from Clark's L&G in Brazil, In. I had an xw2200 that was three years old. I don't mow commercial, and the old one was like new. Probably not broken in for commercial use. Just wanted to update to the Honda and all of the new features for 2002. The Honda has so much more power than the 22 HP Kohler, it's unbelievable.
    :blob4: :blob3:
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: did you replace a 22hp kohler w/ the honda, and if so how much quieter is it?, Also if you dont mind what does a 24hp honda go for? Tony
  3. cpellis

cpellis LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

THe Honda is considerably quieter than the Kohler. I checked prices at several dealers , all were consistent at $8199. However Clark's gave me a much better trade on mine. Makes the bottom line bearable.
  4. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

if you are asking about price of the honda engine i am not really sure about the 24hp, but i just got a new 20 for $1200, and my dealer offered me a barely used 24 for same price. (i have no use for that much power). Dixie does do some modifications to the engine that are not factory for the honda and probably would not be included in the price. But i would estimate the new honda 24hp to be around $1,500.

Just an estimate, no real clue, although kinda interested to see how good of a deal i passed up.:confused: