1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dixie chopper price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcjrfl, Jan 22, 2000.

1. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

now that you have convinced me that dixon is not the machine to buy, how much is a dixie chopper lx (seems to be the smallest machine they make) and what H.P. do they have, I could not find that info on their web site.<br>How does it compare to the Lazer HP from Exmark in price and quality of work???? I would not use this equipement for more then 3hours a week. (approx. 4 acres of lawn to mow)<br>

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they have a Toro dealer in your area? Toro's mid-mount ZTR's are built by eXmark. (w/ Toro deck). Toro Z's tend to be a little cheaper than eXmark. The Lazer HP is going to be expensive, even a 17hp 48&quot; is almost 6g's.

3. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

thanks for the advice, it does get kinda confusing when you speak to some of these dealers. Of course they want to sell their mowers, not someone elses.<br>but there must be some good mower out there for $3000 approx. sa previously stated i am mowing only 4 acres a week (same location) and I don't plan on mowing more.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

To stay in the $3000 price range, you will need to find a walkbehind (belt drive 52&quot; or something) or a used ztr.

5. Why bother to buy a $3000 machine just to<br>mow 4 acres a week? It would be cheaper just<br>to sub the job and put $10 a week in your<br>pocket by just passing the paperwork.

6. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

$33,000 reasons, but it involves more then mowing weeding cleaning cutting down edges...

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Seriously then, I think a new walkbehind would be a good choice. With a 52&quot; deck you should have no more than 2 hours of mowing a week.

8. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

the contract pays well i guess and it is part time i also have another job. Down the road i may get a few more small (not as lucrative) contracts, I just don't want to spend too much money on equipement that i don't really need.