Dixie Chopper problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazygator, Nov 16, 2002.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently own a Dixie 60" 26EFI with only 67 hours. I would highly advice everyone to demo, then go buy somewhere else. I have MAJOR problems with it handling hills, and so far they have no true answer.

Plus I posted on their forum about a buy back program, and they have not even allowed it to be viewed. I wonder why Dixie? Having problems and you dont want others to know about, or me and others with this same problem?????

If Dixie has the BALLS to show this lack of customer service, then I would strongly tell anyone looking to go the other way.

I am in no way trying to slam Dixie, but I own this machine and they cannot step up to the plate and correct my and others problems, then there is your answer to everyone......they obviously dont care for me as a customer after they get my money.

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: gator what give you problems machine or engine on the hills, i have a dixie wide track and does a really good job. tony

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

details?????

is it an xf or xw?

whats happening?

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Me and Wally are having the exact problems with out machines. not only can they not hold a hill for the life of them... but they have no traction at all!!! I am so discusted with my $9,000 purchase I cant even tell you!:angry:

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

what are the problems?

are they sliding? loosing power? crabbing? are they flatlanders?

turfboss tires?

explain......

6. Evan528

The machine is slidding! My machine is a XW and yes it has BossII tires.

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

So what changed? is it the tires? Hill traction only comes down to a couple of factors for all ZTR's. Tire config/pressure ,Wheel base, Track width and weight distribution, and possibly Caster in front wheels. I am interested because I was going to buy DC this spring. Somebody should start a consumer testing program for lawn equip. Somebody with that financial future thing taken care of.

8. Evan528

I figured the problem was the Boss tires because they are round....just the senter of the tread is in contact with the ground. But Crazy Gator told me he tried the turf saver tires and it hasnt helped the problem. Dont get me wrong here.....theese machines are great for mowing dense healthy turf on flat lawns..... but in any other situation this machine just wreaks havoc....And I dont know about you guys....But not all my lawns are perfectly ideal!

9. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

I bought an xt3000 with the 72 Deck. I used to post on LawnFor#ms.com until one of my posts was deleted. Someone asked in a post "how is your xt3000" I replied with my thoughts and problems with my mower and they deleted my post. I was upset with their decision to delete it, I was giving my opinion on the mower, I think they are trying to cover up by deleting post they do not like.

10. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny that you own one and can't talk about it, yet everyone can trash say a dixon and only have seen one somewhere. Ya know that other forum? I can't even post, I am a Member and sent e-mails and IM to the Admin and no word back. No wonder why in prime time you go there and there is like 4 people logged on.

Mark