Dixie Chopper Queations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by msd_woody, Apr 12, 2002.

1. msd_woody

msd_woody LawnSite Member

I just bought a 1995 XW2000 with 20HP Kohler and 60" cut. Couple of questions. I paid $2000 for it - is this a good price considering that everything works great and it has 1800 hours? How often should the hydraulic fluid be changed? What do you use for fluid and can it be done buy me or should I take it to a dealer? Considering running double blades. Do they make that much of a difference? Do they rob alot of power from the engine? What blades should I use - 6 of the same or 3 and 3? Anyone have any brand reccomendations for blades or even part numbers of what works good? I mow about 1 acre per week that needs to look good and another 4 acres about once a month that is a field and looks aren't that important. I would like to know what blade setup works the best. Also, does anyone know what holes the pins should be in for the deck support bars that run over the top of the deck? Mine look like they have been tried in a couple of positions and I would like to make sure they are in the stock position. Does anyone know where to get a good price on the Amsoil auxillary filter? I serviced mine last week and the dealer hit me $45 for the filter. After mowing with it this past week, I'm now hooked on Dixie Choppers. I can't believe how well they climb hills and how nice they cut at the speeds they do. Sorry this is so long, but since I never owned one before and do not have a manual for it I have alot of cuiosity. Thanks.