Dixie Chopper replacement tire's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Jul 10, 2001.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 300hours on my 2001 flatlander and it needs new tires bad. the front wore first and finally went with a smooth tire, the one that comes on the Exmark. but have not decided weather or not to go with the turf boss tire or another type of atv tire.
    What does everyone pay for there tires and has any one experimented with other types of atv tires. We mow a retire ment home that sits on 84 acres with lots of diveways to bow off with the mowers so mabye a little harder compound will work and not wear so fast.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have over 560 hours on my 2001 diesel Chopper and my tires still look good. I blow off all our big driveways with it. You need to make wider turns on concrete to help prevent wearing them out. Mine are a year old and they should last at least another 3 years.

Maybe you need the crt tire with more thread to wear out. I know they are around $75 each on rims with tire sealant in them at my dealer for Boss II tires.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, I got over 1200 hrs on my rear tires and still have rubber left. I think you need to get you a blower and save the rubber.

Dude...............where's my rubber:confused:

300 hrs..........wow.

Reminds me of 16 all over again:cool: :D

But to answer your question...............when they do finally wear out I'm going to go back with a turf tire instead of the turf boss II. My Scag has more traction with the turf saver than the Chopper does with the tractor tire.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

HOMER wrote:
    when they do finally wear out I'm going to go back with a turf tire instead of the turf boss II.

I'm going to try my buddy's Exmark tire. I know I said a while back that it had 5 lugs but it does only have 4 and they are in the same radius as the DC's. The offset is a little different but that may be because it is a wider tire.

5. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

The backs are not completely worn out yet but will need to be replaced in a month.

Richard, what tire are you talking about. You guys ever heard of Sure-track ATV tires. They are six ply. I saw them in a 4-wheeler mag.

I can't believe you got over 1200hrs on original tires. I would have to hire a guy to run the blower for half a day just to get it all. Much easier to just blow the grass off as you go.

6. Scotty

Scotty LawnSite Member

My Flatlander has about 900 hours on rear Turf Boss II tires. We blow off drives and streets, and they still look new.

Scott

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If your mowing concrete as much as you say you'll need to find something with a real hard compund, I try not to mow concrete, stirs up the sand laying on top and sandblasts the deck, dulls the blades.

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I got 240 hrs on my Dixie now,the rear tires arent worn enough to tell them from new yet.You muts do donuts on blacktop or burn rubber a lot.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

LuckyLawnBoy wrote:
    Richard, what tire are you talking about

The tires that come on an Exmark Lazer Z 60" from the factory. They are the traditional style flat treaded tire instead of the round treaded tire the Dixies come with.