dixie chopper reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spudden, Apr 2, 2005.

1. spudden

spudden LawnSite Member

I need some feedback on a dixie chopper. I am new to the ztr mowers but had about made up my mind to get a hustler super z or super mini, new. But i found a DC here in town with a 50" cut 20hp kohler with 36 hrs on it for $4500, he said he paid $6300 new. What do ya'll think.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I personally think that DC's are great mowers and I think that you have stumbled onto a great deal. You should snatch that up in a heartbeat. Dixie's are top notch machines.

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I have that exact mower. I love it. Those things have a beautiful cut. They are built like a tank, and easy to operate and service. Why is he selling? I would jump on that.

4. spudden

spudden LawnSite Member

He started out to maybe make a little extra money on the side, do some favors, but it didn't work out. I know i've seen a lot of these machines in my area but we do have a DC dealer here in town and they also sell hustlers as well. I have a couple of friends at work who have hustlers and they love there's which is what got me interested in them in the first place. I hadn't researched the DCs as much because i had read somewhere that the hydros were a little jumpy or just weren't as smooth as the hustlers. Do ya'll have any pointers.

5. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

spud i'm over in perry; is that a silver eagle series or coatsville? either way its a good buy!! that guy in hawkinsville /mowproducts ; he wont move on the price much. check out the grasshoppers and deere z traks across town too. the hustler at mow products is a well built machine too. one of the best/heaviest built on the market. :help:

6. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think you can go wrong with the chopper. I really like mine and like gene said they leave a beautiful cut.

7. spudden

spudden LawnSite Member

Thank ya'll, i think cutting the grass is going to be fun again.