dixie chopper seat sensor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 315lawnguy, May 6, 2013.

1. 315lawnguy

315lawnguy LawnSite Member

hey guys, new here. freshmen at alfred state been mowing for idk like 6 years now. really starting to grow. anyways, bought a DC last season and worked great, thought it was cool how you could get off it with out it shutting down, anyways, give it to the dealer to do a maintance on it cause i bought the mower used. anyways, i get the mower back and i guess they hooked up the seat sensor and on rough lawns the mower basically back fires and shuts off and my brother who mows for me when i cant make it home he cant even use the thing cause the sensor is so finikey and its pissing me off. dealer wont tell me how to un hook it. please save the "oh its stupid" but i need to un hook it so my brother can mow while im in georgia next week. thanks

2. 315lawnguy

heres a pic of the first mow of the season for me, not just some kid running around on a mower
    [​IMG]

3. 315lawnguy

if someone knows how to do this, you can call or text me directly. im banging out a landscaping job tomorrow cause i dont have class so if you can text it to me id appreciate it..

315-247-3146

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

they hook up the relay track the wires from the seat to the relay and unplug it

5. 315lawnguy

i tried just un plugging it and the mower wouldnt start. are you talking about the main black sensor attatched to the bottom of the seat? or somewhere else?

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

What model are you talking about none of mine has a sensor on the seat mine are mounted to the frame under the seat

7. 315lawnguy

Mines a 2006 coats classic? Ya it's got a sensor under the seat with 2 wires coming from it... Called the dealer and basically told them I didn't want them to fix it asked how to un do it and the service guy got all pissed and said he can't tell me. Even though I didn't ask him too. My brother can't even use the mower cause the sensor is so delicate... Ik it's possible I just don't want to hack it and mess something up
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Snip the Purple and brown wires coming off the bottom of your seat and connect them together with a butt connector.

9. 315lawnguy

Awesome!! You guys rock!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

That's a switch fallow wire down to a relay unplug the relay