Dixie Chopper Silver Decks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Jun 30, 2001.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody know what-the-dealio with the new DC decks being Silver? Looks like they're making one large gas tank instead of two sandwiched together too! Trim side anti-scalp wheel looks like its bolted on (more darn bolts to scrape around :mad: ) oh well! I drove a Big Wheel last week and felt like it needed wheelie bars on the back to keep the frontend down. They must have changed something with the weight distribution during the 2000-2001 model years to make the back end heavier. This model doesn't come with the engine oil coolers or the Donaldson :( The Honda sure did sound different than any other engine I've ever heard.

2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Tom,
    The change of color is just to help identify the new improved deck with other modifications besides the color. One of the gas tanks is larger, so that the total mower capacity is now 9 gallons. The bolted on anti-scalp wheels are to accommidate a new attachment that is to be introduced soon. The larger wheels make for a smoother ride. The EPA hasn't approved the Donaldson type air filter for the Honda because it increases fuel consumption. The Honda doesn't pump enough oil pressure to run oil through the DC add-on oil coolers. I hope that answered some of your questions.